Samsung Galaxy S4
1. From the Home screen press the Menu key and then tap Settings.
2. Tap the Accounts tab then tap Add Account.
3. Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
4. Enter your Institute email address and password then tap Manual Setup
5. Enter the following information then tap Next:
- Enter partners\username in the Domain\username field (example: partners\jd036).
- Enter your Partners password in the Password field.
- Enter outlook.partners.org in the Server field.
7. Tap OK at the Remote security administration prompt.
8. Optionally, uncheck Sync SMS in the Account options screen, then tap Next.
Note: If left checked, text messages sent to the phone will also appear in your Institute Inbox.
9. Tap Activate at the Activate device administrator prompt.
10. Choose to set a PIN or Password that is at least 5 characters in length.
11. Make sure the phone is plugged into a charger and then tap Encrypt Device
12. Enter the PIN or password you just set and tap Encrypt device again
13. The phone will now reboot and encrypt.
Once complete the phone will reboot again and prompt you for your PIN during boot up, and again at the lock screen.
If you have any trouble configuring your device to receive email, please see a representative of the MGH Institute IT Department or you may contact the Partners helpdesk at 617-726-5085 for further assistance.